Tasksel won't recognise second CD

Hi,

If the following is familiar to you, I apologise for boring you but I'm
reposting in plain text- thanks, Petter.

I'm trying to install Sarge on an i-x86 box and everything is fine until I'm
asked for the second CD.
The CD isn't recognised, and the prompt to insert second disk simply
reappears.
The CD was Jigdo-d and burned on my Windoes box as a bootable image and
appears to be OK and indeed disk one worked just fine.
The disk is mountable and readable (I can see all the files on it) and the
base install worked fine, but interestingly none of the MD-5 sums seem to
check out as good.

Is there a config file somewhere that apt-get (or is it tasksel) looks at to
find the cd? Maybe it's looking in the wrong place?
I realise maybe my disks aren't burned quite right, but I'd have thought
that tasksel wouldn't have been quite so put off by that, or at least would
have thrown up an informative error. Or maybe it has, but it's logged in a
file I don't know about yet.
I've RTFM but being a newbie, maybe I RT wrong FM, who knows.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Rich.

P.S. my primary aim here as a would-like-to-be-ex-Windoes user is to get a
GUI such as KDE up and running. It's been about 15 years since I worked from
the command line and I feel a bit like a fish out of water.