Re: Winfax FXM viewer for KDE

Clement wrote:

S.D.A. wrote:

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 06:25:43PM +1000 or thereabouts, Clement wrote:
To my surprise, after a 2 hours search, I cannot find a KDE viewer that can view FXM fax files by Symentec Winfax. Do you know one?

Why does it have to be KDE specific?
No, it doesn't.  I mentioned KDE just because I am using it.

There is GQView, which is nothing more than a _Fax viewer_. It should display
WinFax image files. I haven't tried it myself on WinFax images tho.

According to the GQView web site, it "Supports most file types if the libraries are available on the system". This means JPG, PNG, TIFF, etc. Unfortunately, the list does not include FXM.

Or do you know of any library that reads Winfax FXM files?

Did u try google?
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&q=+linux++reads+Winfax+FXM+files&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&q=+linux++read+Winfax+FXM+files&btnG=Search

--