Re: udev - where is my device?

Randall Smith wrote:
I'm connecting my samsung A620 phone to my computer via USB to use the internet access. When I connect it, the cdc_acm module loads. From what I've gathered from searching is that it should create a device called ttyACM0 in the device directory. I can't find it.

I did get it to work temporarily by doing this:

ls /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/
ttyUSB0  ttyUSB1  ttyUSB2  ttyUSB3

cd /dev
mkdir usb
mknod /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 c 188 0
mknod /dev/usb/ttyUSB1 c 188 1
mknod /dev/usb/ttyUSB2 c 188 2
mknod /dev/usb/ttyUSB3 c 188 3

I did cat /dev/usb/ttyUSB# until it did not say "no device ..."
Then I put the device in my pon script and I was able to connect. But when I rebooted, all of the devices disappeared.

I think that when I plug in the phone, udev should create a device somewhere. Where does it create it?

Randall

I found it in /dev/tts/

Randall