Re: dd to make full copy of dvd?

On Saturday 10 July 2004 23:13, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> would dd make a full-complete copy of a dvd? checking with dvd::rip,
> the obetained directory is almost twice as large. That would not fit
> in a 4.7 g regular dvd, which is the size of the original. Hmm.
> ?

Don't forget that most DVD films are dual-layer, so each layer will result in
a 4.7Gb file.  You'll either need to use something like dvd::rip to compress
it down to half size or burn it onto DVDs.

If you take the latter option, let me know how you did it; I'm still looking
for the easiest way of doing this.

Cheers,

Jon