debian X startup

Hi all,

I have four debian workstations setup at the school I
teach in. We'll start off with linux on the desktop in
the library as browsing & research machines. I figure
this is a good way in - the machine are donated and
have no OS on them, so I have a strong argument here.

1. Debian is impressive. I'm using testing and I'm
very pleased with the ease and quality of the software
so far.

2. It's been a breeze to set up XDMCP through GDM.
Nice for a novice. I can "choose" to log on to the
machine configured to allow it.

3. Now I want to hack the X startup scripts to
*automatically* go to one machine's log in screen
(I'll call that machine the "application server"). I
know the line I need to add will be X -query
192.168.0.10 (where that is the IP of the "application
server"), but I don't know how best to do this. Do I
change the default runlevel to 3, then add this line
to a script? Do I leave the runlevel at 5, but change
an X startup script? And crucially, whatever the
solution, when the user logs out from a "terminal",
that "terminal" must then present the next user with a
login screen to the "application server", not return
to a command prompt or gdm of the terminal. I don't
want anyone to "choose" - just be straight onto the
gdm of the application server.

All guidance on debians X startup would be much
appreciated. Incidently, I'm using whichever X server
comes as default on testing.

Cheers

--
Matt Johnson