Re: Mount of ext3 Partition on other hardrive does not work

On Saturday 10 July 2004 09:47 am, Markus Meyer wrote:

> I have no idea what's wrong there, except it's a bug in 2.6.  Any ideas or
> suggestions are _very_ welcome. I nearly despair.

How about mounting the partitions in question as ext2 temporarily until you
can work out what's going wrong?  I have no clue what's going wrong, but it's
something to try.  Just change ext3 to ext2 in fstab and continue as normal.
It won't make use of the journal if you mount it as ext2, obviously, but the
journal will update itself in whatever necessary fashion if you later mount
the partition as ext3 again.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/