Re: eth0 does not remain

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 11:00:49PM -0400, disciple wrote:
| When I do lsmod, the nic driver shows up (3c59x).

| eth0 section missing when I do ifconfig.

Note that 'ifconfig' (with no parameters) only displays network
devices that are configured.  If a device exists in the system but has
no layer 3 (ip) configuration then it isn't listed.  'ifconfig -a'
shows all devices in the system, even those that aren't configured.

-D

--
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
        Philippians 4:13