Re: fetchmail and syslog

Ryo Furue(furufuru@ccsr.u-tokyo.ac.jp) is reported to have said:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm wondering if someone could help me with how to keep fetchmail
> from logging to /var/syslog.  I read the manpages of both fetchmail
> and syslog, but still don't understand.
>
> When invoked with the --syslog option, fetchmail uses syslog:
>
>        [...]  Messages  are  logged
>        with an id of fetchmail, the facility LOG_MAIL, and prior-
>        ities LOG_ERR, LOG_ALERT  or  LOG_INFO.

In the FM page I did a search on log.  Maybe this is what you want.

The  -L  <filename> or --logfile <filename> option (keyword: set logfile)
allows you to redirect status messages emitted while detached into a specified
logfile (follow the option with the logfile name).  The logfile is opened for
append, so previous messages aren't deleted.   This  is  primarily
useful for debugging configurations.

Awesome what resources Debian has for troubleshooting our boxen.

Wayne

--
Keyboard not connected, press to continue.