fetchmail and syslog

Hello all,

I'm wondering if someone could help me with how to keep fetchmail
from logging to /var/syslog.  I read the manpages of both fetchmail
and syslog, but still don't understand.

When invoked with the --syslog option, fetchmail uses syslog:

       [...]  Messages  are  logged
       with an id of fetchmail, the facility LOG_MAIL, and prior-
       ities LOG_ERR, LOG_ALERT  or  LOG_INFO.

(from "man fetchmail").  And, my /etc/syslog.conf has

   auth,authpriv.*                 /var/log/auth.log
   *.*;auth,authpriv.none          -/var/log/syslog
   [...]
   mail.*                          -/var/log/mail.log
   [...]
   mail.info                       -/var/log/mail.info
   mail.warn                       -/var/log/mail.warn
   mail.err                        /var/log/mail.err

(The full contents will be attached at the end of this message).

Non-error messages from fetchmail appear in /var/log/mail.info and
mail.log .
That I like.  But, how can I prevent the same messages from appearing
in /var/log/syslog ?

I think the "*.*" part for /var/log/syslog is catching the messages
from the
fetchmail.  But, seeing that the messages that appear in auth.log
don't
appear in syslog and guessing ';' means exclusion, I tried

   *.*;auth,authpriv.none,mail.*  /var/log/syslog

and restarted syslogd.  This didn't work.  Indeed, "man syslog.conf"
doesn't
say ';' means exclusion. . . .   I'm sure I'm missing something.

Thank you for your help,
Ryo