Re: document archiving w/ scanner

also sprach Andrew Perrin <clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu> [2004.07.09.2221 +0200]:
> Correct - if you want searchable text you need some OCR filter.
> I've used gocr with some, moderate, success, but it's by no means
> perfect. Others have recommended clara, which is probably better
> but requires too much user involvement for my taste!

Yes, I am starting to notice that we need to get into the OCR
domain. I am new to scanning, so please excuse me not making that
jump before posting.

So far it sounds like HP has open source drivers for their
all-in-ones... if I can find one with automated pagefeeding, I am
off to try clara...

`. `'`