Re: Strange Keyboard Behavior Modes

Darren wrote:

This is not strictly a debian question, as I had this same problem
under redhat 7 before I switched to Sarge.

There is some odd key combination that changes the way my keyboard
behaves.  I've noticed two distinct modes that it seems to get locked
into:

1) Totally Insane Capslock.  My capslock light will be OFF, but it
reacts not as if it's on, but as if it's now a SHIFTLOCK and on.  All
of my alpha characters are IN UPPERCASE and all of my numericals are
now symbols.  It seems as if ctrl-leftshift will *sometimes* get out
of this mode, but that doesn't appear to be what activates it (and I
have no idea what does!)

2) Sticky-Ctl-Alt.  This is a pretty nasty one.  It's hard to tell
it's activated, but it's as if I'm holding down both the ctrl and alt
keys.  I made this mistake of pressing backspace without realizing
this was on and lost my entire x session.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Have I activated some sort of
accessability features or is my keyboard just horked?  I've tried
doing some googling for this, but haven't really been all that
successful.  I don't have a programmable keyboard, I can't imagine
that it's that.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have had the same situation with my linux, I figured it was due to my laptop hardware. I re-installed sid and didn really have an issue with it since (although when I was in gnome it flicked back on for a little bit) could it be gnome related?

Paul