Re: question about kernel 2.6

It is maybe harder in the beginning, but once you get used to it is
really easier in my opinion. Why? Because you can easily go back to
previously built kernels; you still have the .debs in /usr/src, so it
makes it rather flexible.

And yes, I've got xawtv running using 2.6.5 if I am correct (I am not
at home right now so I cannot check to make 100% sure). Just compiled
it in, no big problems. I have a Hauppauge WinTV PCI (bt848).

Good luck!