Re: question about kernel 2.6

thanks!

i read the Debian book, but it explicitly says:

"Note that you don't have to compile your kernel the
``Debian way''; but we find that using the packaging
system to manage your kernel is actually safer and
easier."

so i choose non-debian way. the correct command is
"make modules_install", it warns me that "you may need
to install modules_init_tools" and complains
"unresolved symbols"

could you offer some suggestion?

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-post-install.en.html