From: Silvan [mailto:dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net]
Sent: Friday, 9 July 2004 8:11 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: KDE freeze on sarge

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 11:41 pm, Aaron Robertson-Hodder wrote:

> For some reason KDE seems to freeze intermittently on my new sarge
> installation. It takes ages to load up and then freezes when I load
apps
> and click the menu. I have read a post that suggested the priority for
> KDE might be set low on install. How do I check this and fix it?

Freezes forever, or just takes a realllllllllllllllllllllly long time to
do
anything?  I did a Sarge installation that somehow left me with no
working lo
interface, and KDE was an unusable dog until I fixed that.  It didn't
freeze
though, and the system was otherwise usable.  It just took for fscking
EVER
to do anything.

I agree with the other people.  If you're getting a real freeze, it's
almost
certainly your hardware.  256 MB of RAM is sufficient to run several
instances of KDE on a terminal server box, so that's not likely your
problem.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/