From: Joost De Cock [mailto:joost.decock@astrid.be]
Sent: Thursday, 8 July 2004 4:13 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: KDE freeze on sarge

On Thursday 08 July 2004 06:03, Thomas Adam hurled the following on the
wire:
> --- Aaron Robertson-Hodder <aaron@macroview.com.au> wrote:
> > For some reason KDE seems to freeze intermittently on my new sarge
> > installation. It takes ages to load up and then freezes when I load
apps
> > and click the menu. I have read a post that suggested the priority
for
> > KDE might be set low on install. How do I check this and fix it?
>
> Lockups of this kind usually indicate hardware issues, and I suspect
in
> your case it is through lack of RAM? How much physical RAM have you
got?
> Indeed, I cannot recommend enough that you get a rescue CD such as
> lnx-bbc, and run memtest86 from it for 24 hours, if you can.

I had something similar once, turned out my CPU fan was broke. So I can
only
agree with Thomas, check the hardware.

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this
transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and
then delete this e-mail.