Re: Debian's javac vs Sun's new installation of j2sdk

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:36:17 -0400
"H. S." <greatexcalibur@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In my Testing distribution, I noticed that I have javac already (new
> install a couple of months back). Earlier I used to download Sun's
> j2sdk and install that. Now that I already have javac (probably
> provided by Debian), in what way would the new installation of j2skd
> be affected by it?

Have you done an "ls -l" on javac? Last I checked, it was just a symlink
to /etc/default/javac or something, which in turn pointed to a
nonexistent filename. After I installed Sun's j2re, I changed the
symlinks to point to Sun's java and javac.

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #22:
Another name for a Windows tutorial is "crash course"!