Re: help; Is C soon to be the programming lang. of the past?

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 10:41:47PM -0400, Paul Tsai wrote:

[...]
| virtual machine.  However, .NET has a Just in Time compilator that is
[...]
| performance is not really an issue, compared to Java being interpreted
| thoughout the lifetime of the program, hence slower.  There is much more
[...]

Java has at least one or two JITs available for it too.  I've never
had to care about that anyways, I just let it run however the default
is.  Regardless of JITs or compilers or not a bad (slow, etc.) program
can be written in any language.

Just use the right language for the right job and don't try and treat
any language as a silver bullet.  Also, the more languages you know
the better off you are because you'll have more tools available to you
and you'll understand a wider range of discussions and patterns.

-D

                                               -- Dave Parnas