Re: acme (solved, more of less)

Travis points out that "Applications" -> "Desktop Preferences" ->
"Keyboard Shortcuts" essentially provides what acme does.
I can find the "shortcuts" I want here and am happy with this.  Thanks
much for everyone's input.

I agree that something is not quite right in the package inter-relations
between acme and gnome, Jacob.

Paul