Re: Copy Paste into vi??

Bijan Soleymani wrote:
disciple@exis.net writes:

Installed woody.  My system boots to a prompt.  I then do startx to run
xserver.  I then run mozilla to surf.  What I would like to do is copy
some text from the browser and paste it into the vi editor.  How can this
be done?

Select the text in the browser (highlight it) and then switch to vi
and middle click (of course have to be in insert mode). If your mouse
doesn't have a middle button you might be able to click both buttons
at the same time.

  ctrl-insert often works too (depends on terminal)

note that gvim can recognize mouse input and doesn't do autoindent when you paste using mouse (it does not (cannot?) recognize pasting using keyboard)

	erik