Re: backing up to ftp server

I want to start backing up to ftp server and I was not able to find package which does that.

tar zcvf today.tgz `find /etc /home -mtime -7 ( -type f -o -type l ) -print

scp today.tgz  ftp-backup:/pub/Backups
	- add your host key for passwd-less backups
Just in case if some one needs similar script, here is one which works for me

tar zcvf - ./. |openssl des3 -salt -k password | ncftpput -u ftp.user -p ftp.password -c ftp.server.name backup.`date +%b.%d.%y`.des3 -

PS: I do have more complex tar, but this is a script which will create encrypted gziped file directly on remote ftp.