Re: acme

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:29:50 -0700
Paul Yeatman <pyeatman@ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Hi, for anyone running Sarge, the "acme" package was a cool new
> feature to me that allowed you to set up "multimedia keys" on whatever
> keyboard one has.  Starting with updates a couple weeks ago, "acme"
> now conflicts with "gnome" and other foundational gnome packages.
> Eventhough initially gnome and acme were installed together,
> apparently now they can't be.  Just curious if anyone knows anything
> about this?

I've never used acme, but it sounds similar to hotkeys. Unlike acme,
however, hotkeys can be installed and run simultaneously with gnome.

Unfortunately I'm not sure why apt wants to remove gnome when installing
acme.

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #21:
In a world without fences, who needs Gates?