Re: hacking attempt on Apache?

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 20:30:56 +0200
Pim Bliek <pim.bliek@gmail.com> wrote:

> Apparently all from different IP's but certainly coordinated, because
> it is on the same time, same kind of requests.
>
> Anyone knows how this can be done? Is there any possibility to trace
> who might have done this?

Yeah, this is obviously someone (or something rather) trying to find
a vulnerbilty. There's a lot of this going around. It looks like it's
from different IPs but it's more likely coming from a single source. The
IP is just spoofed. Don't worry about it. Just keep your services to a
minimum, use crypto for everything (except HTTP of course) and keep an
eye out for security advisories. And backup your data.

Mike

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.