Re: NETGEAR MA311 802.11b Wireless PCI Network Adapter Card

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:51:04 -0400
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> wrote:

> "Rodney D. Myers" <rdmyers@MtPalomar.net> writes:
>
> > I know this card is supported under Linux, and debian, but...
> >
> > What is involved in getting this card found/configured under Sarge?
> > Specifically under the new net install cdrom?
>
> Basically use google or whatever to find out what module (driver) is
> required and simply try out that module with:
>
> $ modprobe modulename
>
> if that works add "modulename" to /etc/modules
>
> if not, remove it with:
> $ modprobe -r modulename
>
> and try again.
>
> Bijan

Thanks.. I have been doing that.. The first wifi card I bought was not
found, couldn't get it working, which is why I was asking.

I am finding enough sites, to think it should be fairly straight
forward, though not sure about the "net install" portion.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@MtPalomar.net>
Registered Linux User #96112

        Ben Franklin - 1759