Re: Unidentified subject!

Thomas Adam wrote:

--- Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
John: You can fix this, but since you don't have anything important on your system (presumably) yet, you could take this opportunity to

Reinstall? You have gone mad. Learning from the experience is far more
beneficial than placating the situation.

But that's my point. Both routes are learning experiences.

He can learn more intimately what goes on during the installation process,
or
he can learn how to fix a lost root password.

I gave him the choice. When I was starting out, doing four or five installations was more beneficial to me than doing one and then solving the various problems that arose afterward. Other folks learn differently than I do. Thus the choice. It depends on how he thinks he'll learn the most.

--
Kent