Re: problem with invisible/disappearing files - but inodes there

After a bit of investigation, I have found that a statically linked
version of 'ls' is able to see the files, which suggests a problem with
a library somewhere. The odd thing is, this is just a plain vanilla
install of woody, updated from security.debian.org. I have run
chkrootkit on the machine, and all the libraries look like the right
size. I still don't know what the cause is yet, but at least I have
found something that might help track it down

Campbell