Re: PHP Image Uploader / Viewer

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 20:47:25 -0500
"Jacob S." <stormspotter@6texans.net> wrote:

> > Actually apt-get install gallery and following the instructions in
> > /usr/share/doc/gallery/README.Debian seems to be what I want. The
> > configuration wizard is a very nice touch. I'm just worried about
> > scripting bugs running in non-safe mode. Maybe I should password
> > protect it?
>
> If I'm remembering right, gallery has the ability to run with php in
> safe mode, it just loses a feature or two, mainly dealing with how
> "pretty" the urls look.

Just to be accurate, the "Requirements" page on the gallery website reads:

"Note: Your PHP installation must not be in safe mode. Gallery is a
sophisticated application and must do operations that require extensive
privileges. Safe mode prevents Gallery from functioning properly. You
must also have full access to functions. It's particularly worth noting
that Gallery cannot run on a host with exec disabled."

Mike

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.