Re: APM and DPMS not working together

--- smjn@jippii.fi wrote:
> Whenever APM puts my computer in supend or standby mode, the monitor
> will come out of any power saving mode that is in and it will not
> suspend, standby or go off after that. What could be the cause of this?

Is this in X11 or at the console, or both? A read of 'man setterm' and
'man xset' is a good start. Generally though, I've had no problems, and it
might well be that your monitor needs to be set for DPMS support via its
OSD.

Aha! It does indeed work as intended in console if I put it in VESA
powerdown mode. So it must be an X issue. DPMS is enabled both in the
monitor (Management... -> Power Saver -> On) and in X (xset q|grep -i
dpms -> DPMS (Energy Star):
DPMS is Enabled).

__
Älä maksa tekstiviesteistä! Saunalahden Tekstari-GSM-liittymällä lähetät tekstiviestit maksutta kaikkiin liittymiin (1000 kpl/kk).
http://saunalahti.fi