Re: How do i configure XF86Config-4 for a iD865glc desktop system

Eric van Rheenen wrote:
> I have a PC with an Intel D865GLC motherboard and i'm running
> Debian Linux 2.4.26.

Sounds reasonable.

> The problem i stil have is how to configure the video chip.  Which
> driver should i choose within XF86Config so that the X-Windows system
> wil start.  I run xf86config but couldn't find the D865GLC.

D865GLC is the motherboard and not the graphics chip.  You would need
to look to find the graphics chip name instead.  Google shows that
Intel calls this the "Intel Extreme2 Graphics" chip.

> I have the same problem with the audio chips, i could find a chipset
> that i should use.

I think this is another of those times.  I see that Intel makes the
driver available for download directly from their site.

  http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/lc/lc_drive.htm

I have no other information but it looks like source is available so
there is good hope that you could get this working.  But I did not see
any Debian specific packages there.  So unfortunately you would need
to do some digging and probably compiling yourself.

Bob