Re: DRI, working somewhat? But ...

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 09:52:18AM +0300, David Baron wrote:
> On Sunday 04 July 2004 19:39, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
> wrote:
> > What is the output of 'glxinfo'? Look at the top four lines.
>
> OK. Here follows the glxinfo output, apparently fairly typical for a mach64
> card.
>
> Actually, Tuxracer (full screen) runs perfectly!
> However, gl117 (full screen) comes up with a low frame rate, does not play.
> BilliardsGL (full screen) ditto, never fully intializes.
> Cube (full screen) hangs, eventually aborts.
> Flightgear (in window) in unusablerun from the menus, somewhat playable run
> from a command line. Note: Microsoft flight simulator was very playable at
> even lower frame rates on old XTs. The difference was the keyboard polling
> which of course controlled the program. Under DOS, this was done directly.
> Under linux, it all goes through X and apparently trips up on the same
> frame-rate.
>
> # glxinfo
> name of display: :0.0
> display: :0  screen: 0
> direct rendering: Yes
<snip>

What packages did you install/compile to get dri working? Apparently,
the Mach64 code is in a state of flux and you should use CVS
(dri-trunk). You could add

deb http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-mach64-sid/ ./
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-mach64-sid/ ./

to your sources.list if you are running sid. See
http://wwwhsse.fh-hagenberg.at/Studierende/hse02006/inspiron/node7.html
or google for daenzer mach64 or something like that.

HTH,
David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!