Re: L 90 90 90 90 90

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004, Owen Jones wrote:

Hi! spent ages installing debain and it all went well and i was excitted thinking that it was going to work so well, but no. When the computer re-booted it just thro up L 90 90 90 90 90 90 90... when i tried to run the OS on the HD. This is a lilo error isnt it? does this mean i have installed it wrong, or i have used the wrong distirbutation. I wasnt sure what the arcatecture was so i went for the 386, would this cause this error? can anyone help?? thanks!!

owen

I had similar problem when I was playing with lilo's bitmap feature. If the case is similar, i.e. you too are playing with bitmap try using a RLE encoded bitmap image for lilo(GIMP will help you for that) to accomplish your desired output.

For the timebeing, use rescue mode to boot into the system and rectify lilo.

HTH,
rrs