Re: Changing from testing to unstable.

Rob Weir wrote:
> Adam Funk said
> > If I have problems with a package from unstable and want to revert to a
> > lower-numbered version, how would I do so?
>
> You can't, generally.  Often you can downgrade individual packages by
> dpkg -i'ing them from /var/cache/apt/archives/ or playing apt pinning
> games, but don't depend on being able to go back.

Agreed that going back is not to be counted on.  But I wanted to say
that I have used snapshot.debian.net effectively for that purpose.  If
you know what you are doing and can debug the problem to a version of
a particular package then you can frequently find a previous working
version of the package on snapshot.debian.net and then downgrade to
it.  With all of the caveats of downgrading.

  http://snapshot.debian.net

I find snapshop to be very useful.

Bob