Re: How hard would this be?(Learning LaTex)

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 23:21:41 -0500, cecil <xeys_00@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Someone told me today at lunch that what with my  "wierd obsession", as
> he called it, to perhaps go without a gui(X), I should try "that latex
> thingie".

One point that I haven't seen raised yet - handling of embedded images
in (la)tex documents. Iused a package 'epsfig' to include encapsulated
post script images; but that entailed conversion of many bitmaps to
EPS, which involved pixels to inches/centimetres, with dots per inch
cropping up, etc. Not a pleasant experience.

--
Jon Dowland