Re: How hard would this be?(Learning LaTex)

On 01 Jul 2004 09:42:31 -0400, Johan Kullstam <kullstj-ml@comcast.net> wrote:
> Jon Dowland <dowland@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Much of the power that latex has exists now in word: e.g. automatic
> > contents building.
>
> How about automatic equation numbering like this?

I can only comment on my own experiences, and I have not had to do
equation numbering myself before, but I know that there are tools to
provide that facility e.g. mathtype as someone else mentioned.

Incidentally I attempted to use the latex equation environment to lay
out numbered 'design rules' in a document and found it inflexible for
anything except its intended purpose (I think my trouble was layout of
paragraphs within the environment). I imagine had I delved deeper and
learned some tex I could have achieved what I was after.

--
Jon Dowland