Re: sarge release vote

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 14:34:16 +0100 (BST)
Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm sick to death of this "voting" business. Sarge will be released When
> It's Ready, and not a moment sooner. If that's too late for you, then
> tough. Either dist-upgrade to (the current) testing, or backport every
> package under the sun [1].

Uh, WTF?  This concerns a vote the developers were having on what
to do about recent approved changes in the Debian Social Contract
that would have made releasing sarge difficult.  The *Debian developers*
were voting on this topic.  The developers decided they needed to
address this issue (and I think they were right).  Why does that
trouble you so?

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)