RE: /dev2/root still mounted after boot

Thomas,

> Easiest thing (if you can) is to umount the drive causing you
> both, issue:
>
> mount -n /dev/foo /somewhere
>
> remove the annoyances (corrections) in /etc/mtab, and remount
> the device
> wirh the correct perms.

I'm not sure what you meant about editting /etc/mtab since when I looked at
it on the test box it appears to get overwritten at boot time.  However,
your advice led me to poking around with /etc/mtab a bit more and I
discovered the problem.

On the test box /etc/mtab is a file, on the server box it's a symlink to
/proc/mounts.  With all the STFW I did, I guess I just wasn't searching for
the right thing.

Thanks for getting me headed in the right direction.

Bill Greganti
Greganti Consulting
714-746-3356