Re: /dev2/root still mounted after boot

--- Bill Greganti <bill@greganti.com> wrote:

[..snip..]

> # cat /etc/fstab:
>
> /dev/hda3   /       ext3    errors=remount-ro,usrquota,grpquota   0 1
> proc        /proc   proc    defaults                              0 0
> /dev/hda2   none    swap    sw                                    0 0
> /dev/hda1   /boot   ext3    defaults                              0 2
>
> The problem...
>
> The contents of /etc/mtab and the output from mount return different
> results

Yes, I would expect them to.

> Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just pointing out which
> machine
> is actually broken.  If there's any other config files or logs I should
> post, I'd be happy to.

Easiest thing (if you can) is to umount the drive causing you both, issue:

mount -n /dev/foo /somewhere

remove the annoyances (corrections) in /etc/mtab, and remount the device
wirh the correct perms.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net