Re: Printing from Mozilla and Firefox

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 05:18:33PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> Until recently, printing from Firefox and Mozilla was working fine,
> however, following recent upgrades first Firefox (0.8-12) baulked and
> later Mozilla (1.7-2) became similarly afflicted.

The Mozilla maintainer went insane and removed its ability to generate
Postscript... I imagine the Firefox maintainer has done the same although I
don't have it installed so I can't check.

Removing functionality in order to make it harder to do such a simple thing
as print... that's usually something you attribute to a wholly different
group of people.

So now you have to have yet another daemon running just on the off chance
you might want to print something.  Thanks, no.  I do not own real
Postscript printers just so that I can screw things up with xprt.

--
 Marc Wilson |     What soon grows old?  Gratitude.  -- Aristotle
 msw@cox.net |