Re: fast, tabbed, gnome/wm- compliant terminal

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 16:27, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 14:20, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > It gets laggy. Inconsistently. When using vim inside gnome-terminal.
>
> For example, in the topmost line (again in vim, with gnome-terminal at
> 87x98 chars) it is really noticeable, and the CPU hits 100% just holding
> the cursor key down.
>
> It really slows you down and is very frustrating after weeks of putting
> up with it.
>
> It could just be a Debian unstable thing...

I'm running a mix of Debian testing and unstable. I've got gnome-2.6
with gnome-terminal 2.6.1 (installed via apt-get of the unstable gnome
packages), and everything works fine. No lag at all when using vim
inside a terminal.

I suspect the problem is specific to you...

Regards,

Simon