Re: Wireless and kernel 2.6

linuxnand@netscape.net wrote:

Hello all,

I would like to ask you how to setup my wireless adapter using Sarge with a Kernel 2.6 series. It is a Presario 2580US P4 notebook that came with a  on board HP WLAN 54g W450 wireless adapter. It currently has SuSE 9.0 but I haven setup wireless. To make it simple I would like to erase SuSE and move it to Debian. Has anyone done wireless setup before? Help or input is much appreciated. Shall I build a custom kernel to it? What would be the correct driver?

To properly identify your card, do this as root:
lspci -v -v

Then cut & paste the stanza that reflects the wireless card.

Also, check the modules that are loaded. prism54 cards are supported in 2.6.5 and SuSE may have incorporated the driver if they're using an earlier 2.6 kernel. If so, it may have been detected and (partially) configured when you installed.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait