Re: Is this a bug in mutt or a malformed email?

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 10:43:06PM +0100, Pigeon wrote:
| A poster to a pigeon rescue group I'm on posts in
| multipart/alternative format, HTML and plain text.
|
| Normally, when reading his emails, mutt (woody, 1.3.28-2) happily
| displays the plain text part and ignores the HTML.
|
| However, when he quotes one of my PGP-inline-signed posts, and doesn't
| the plain text part doesn't exist and gives me the "text/html is
| unsupported (use 'v'......)" message.
|
| If I edit the received email and add a space at the beginning of
| "-----BEGIN PGP....", or change one character of that line, mutt is
| then happy and displays the plain text part without problems.
[...]

Interesting.  What version of mutt are you using?  Not too long ago
noticed the following in changelog.Debian.gz

mutt (1.5.6-20040523+1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Updated to CVS snapshot 20040523:
    + now mutt includes better support for inline/traditional signing and
      encrypting. See http://www.woolridge.ca/mutt/pgp-menu-traditional.html
      for details. (Closes: #190204)

I am using version 1.5.6-20040523+2.  Maybe that "better support" is
what you need?

-D

--
Bugs come in through open windows. Keep Windows shut!