Re: Changing from testing to unstable.

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:07:10 +0100 (BST), Thomas Adam
<thomas_adam16@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > To change from testing to unstable, is is as simple as
> > s/testing/unstable in /etc/apt/sources.list, `apt-get update` and
> > `apt-get upgrade` (or do I need to use dist-upgrade for this)?
>
> Basically, yes.

dist-upgrade is the one you want.

> > If I have problems with a package from unstable and want to revert to a
> > lower-numbered version, how would I do so?
>
> Generally you don't -- you wait for the bug to be fixed.

If you have appropriate source lines you can do apt-get install
thepackage/testing or apt-get install thepackage/stable

You might also want to get a particular package from
archive.debian.org and use dpkg -i thepackage.deb if the testing or
stable packages are too old for you.

> -- Thomas Adam
    ^^
Bladdy Saverner