Re: Changing from testing to unstable.

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 01:45:56PM +0000, Adam Funk said
> To change from testing to unstable, is is as simple as
> s/testing/unstable in /etc/apt/sources.list, `apt-get update` and
> `apt-get upgrade` (or do I need to use dist-upgrade for this)?

Yes, use dist-upgrade.

> If I have problems with a package from unstable and want to revert to a
> lower-numbered version, how would I do so?

You can't, generally.  Often you can downgrade individual packages by
dpkg -i'ing them from /var/cache/apt/archives/ or playing apt pinning
games, but don't depend on being able to go back.

--
Words of the day:   Australia Marxist JUWTF advisors interception explosion SHA