Re: XFCE on Debian 3.0

Hello

JianZhong (<chiancw@yahoo.com>) wrote:

> I've installed Debian 3.0 with the basic X Window system onto my PC
> which does not have Internet access at the moment. I've downloaded
> xfce_3.8.16-2_i386.deb from the Internet using another machine, and
> burned this file into a CDROM. Can I use the file
> xfce_3.8.16-2_i386.deb on the CDROM to install XFCE into my Debian
> box?

Looks like it is the package for Woody, so you should be able to install
it. You should however take a look at the dependencies - xfce probably
is not the only package you need to install to make it work. dpkg will
tell you what is missing.

> If so, what commands can I use to do so?

dpkg -i xfce_3.8.16-2_i386.deb

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270