Re: mounting w2k share as non-root user

Gabriel Granger wrote:

Right I've finally got it working using the below

"smbmount //beta/apps /home/apps -o username=gabe,password=foobarbat,uid=gabe,gid=users,fmask=600,dmask=700"

which i've placed into a bash script file so as I login it mounts all my shares, I do have another question,

I can mount as a user, but I get the following error when trying to umount

umount: only root can unmount //beta/apps from /home/apps

is there anyway of umount without being root, basically this machine is used by more then one person and I would like to umount everything so that only the shares need by a user are mounted

If you're using "umount", you need to instead use "smbumount".

--
Kent