Re: weird pb

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 06:18, aurel.ric@free.fr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a really weird problem on one of my box (woody):
>
> [(14:15:00) Linux Wifix ~]$ ls
> Segmentation fault
> [(14:15:02) Linux Wifix ~]$
>
> any idea?
>
> Aurel

This kind of thing will happen when libc is broken.  Did you do anything
that could modify libc?  Or did you install coreutils from testing but libc
from stable?

If ls is the only program that's having this kind of trouble, it's possible
that ls itself is corrupt.  That could be because your disk is going bad,
or ls has been trojaned (poorly).

If neither of these is the case, we'll need more information, such as when
it last worked and what happened in between then and now.

Justin Guerin