Re: A small difficulty with Net::IMAP

John Summerfield wrote:

I installed libnet-imap-perl on Sarge so I could chat up an imap server, did a quick cut and paste from the two samples provided and it does not Work For Me.

Here-s my code:
#!/usr/bin/perl -wI..

use Net::IMAP;
my $Host="192.168.9.4";

my $imap = new Net::IMAP($Host, Debug => 1)
 or die("can't connect to $Host: $!\n");

More info:
   215   $self->{ResponseCallback} = $self->imap_response_callback;
   216
   217   STDERR->autoflush(1);
   218
   219 #  $self->_get_banner or return undef;
   220  print "Banner\n";
   221
222 # the little back-flip here with the Synchronous option ensures that

Line 219 in this list was the culprit. The line nos aren't quite as in the original, I have a couple of lines of debugging code.

I'm inclined to reportbug this, but I'd like to have it working. Any hints?

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait