Re: dcopserver would not run

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 09:27:13AM +0200, Ogya Chief wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Last night I wanted to install Konqueror on my Sarge box and I decided to
> use dselect for the installation. Dselect indicated that Konqueror was
> installed so I marked it for deletion and went ahead and deleted it but it
> deleted about 50 other KDE packages. I noted down all the packages that
> were being deleted. I had to press control-C several times to abort the
> operation.

> I cannot run any KDE application anymore. Man page on dcopserver is terse
> and Dwww does not work either so getting more information on my system is
> impossible.
>
> Does anybody what what is broken on my system?

No I don't know, but I had similar problems on a sarge PC.  In the end
I just removed kde and stopped trying to use it.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek
      after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all
      the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD,
      and to inquire in his temple."
                               Psalms 27:4