Re: stopping resolution switching with xdm, gdm etc.

--- Roy Pluschke <rjplus@shaw.ca> wrote:

> from resetting the display resolution as it goes from the login screen

It doesn't reset the display resolution.

> to the
> persons desktop and back.  On my box it shows a jumbled graphics screen
> in
> between switches and look rather unproffesional -- whats worse is that

What you're describing here is what is still stored in the graphics-card
RAM before it is flushed. It happens on *everyone's* machine.

> it
> occasionally hangs the system (1 out of 50 times).

That's because the DM is respawned, as it is initially killed when you
logout.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net