Re: webmin instalation problem on sarge

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, Vadik wrote:

> I am running /sarge and I am trying to install webmin 1.150-1, but
> installation breaks.  Here is output:
>
> ---------------------------------
> xxx:/etc/logrotate.d# apt-get install webmin
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Recommended packages:
>   webmin-core
>   webmin
> 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 0B/1036kB of archives.
> After unpacking 5702kB of additional disk space will be used.
> Preconfiguring packages ...
> Selecting previously deselected package webmin.
> (Reading database ... 28879 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking webmin (from .../webmin_1.150-1_all.deb) ...
> Setting up webmin (1.150-1) ...
> miniserv.pem: No such file or directory
>
> xxx:/etc/logrotate.d# ls /etc/webmin
> e5d488f2.0  miniserv.pem  miniserv.users
>
> Any recommendation of what can be wrong?  My understanding that this
> error has something to do with openssh.

It doesn't seem that anything is wrong.  As part of the post-installation
script, webmin looks to see if you already have a miniserv ssl certificate
and creates it if you don't.

If you want to be absolutely sure the package is properly installed, do
dpkg -l webmin

If the first two letters on the line are ii, you are ok.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>