Re: copy os files from CD to hd

Hello

joe mc cool (<joe@benburb.demon.co.uk>) wrote:

> I've hosed my system, entirely my fault.
>
> It will only boot of one of the Installation CDs, number 5.  This give
> me 2.4.18-bf2.4 and everything works fine.
>
> What files do I copy from this CD and to where to have a normal HD
> boot.

Looks like you should either reinstall the kernel you use:

apt-get --reinstall kernel-image-whatever

or reinstall the boot loader by running lilo. If you need more help,
give us more information, e.g. the error messages you get when you try
to boot from hard disk.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270